Thursday, 3 January 2013

Moon shadow - Gothic Horror



#Not quite much of a Gothic Horror just yet, please read though and leave comments with what you think, any advice? By the way, got so many more stories to come. This story isn't finished yet.


The castle was perched on a hill, peering through the trees. The sun had just set and the twilight glow scattered across the sky. You might say that I am mad? However you'd be wrong; hiking until 6 o'clock on a Sunday evening in the long hours of winter, is perfectly normal.
I love hiking! Exploring the deep woods and moors and increasing my curiosity. I smell scents like never before; the sweet perfume of flowers in my pathway and the fruity richness of the earth, dug up and exposed out of bounds. Evergreen surrounds me, tangles of weeds grows freely. I have no regrets! Even when a sudden tempestuous rainfall strikes and every drop feels like a torrent of slaps, bullets, needles, I don’t raise an eyebrow. I love it!

I made my way towards the castle slowly, through the forest, over the bridge – closer, closer, closer! - I clambered up the steep, damp hill, until, there it was; lavender grey as the moonlight bounced off the stone walls. Medium sized puddles were spotted around the building, where a moat had once been and dried up, as smooth and as still as small mirrors. Had I Wellington boots on? Of course not! Did I want thick mud to wrap around my feet? God yes! I chuckled continuously as I skipped through the slushy dirt – squelch, squelch, squelch -

Eventually, I was at the door and soon in the hallway. It was different scents now, that didnt belong; burning wood and rotting flesh. I travelled down the corridor; medieval furniture covered in dust and cobwebs and skeletons were in the most complicated positions. I stroked one carefully, its head had the similar resemblance as one of my slippers back at home. I threw a gleaming smirk.
I stood up and made my way towards the staircase; so much of three stairs, I suspect the other eight or so had crumbled over the years. I hopped up them, dodging all the beautiful bones below.
The only door at the top of the tower was open ajar. Cautiously, my hand gripped the doorknob and I happily went inside. A baby's shriek cut into the silence like a knife to butter. Although, the event which occurred next, was the torment.

Chapter One

I haven't been hiking since. I've killed others since. The second victim was a lot more difficult to murder. I had to make numerous plots, risks, sacrifices, in which half didn't work. The librarian. Very annoying man. Not my local library, I had chosen one out of bounds. This. Was. Ancient. Books lay everywhere and it was very dim. I could smell musty pages and sawdust. Then, there he was. Rested behind his giant desk. I remembered him. I never forget a face or names for that matter. He had pushed me into an old lady on the sub way, my suitcase opened, my merchandise lost. Yes. I had to stand there and watch as my priceless possessions fell onto the railway below and I have never fully recovered. I marched over and place five books of my own onto his table.
To return, mate” I declared. He smiled. Oh he smiled. Bookworm! Then I smiled. He deserved everything he was going to get.
Want to pick any more?” he retorted. I nodded.
See you like the old Gothic Horrors, ey? Fancy a couple of our traumatizing novels?” he continued, as he skipped down the isles.
Fine” I chuckled.
Let me know how it ends, its a golden that! What’s his name wrote it...Clive Barker!” he protested excitedly and handed me a thick book, slightly tatty. I patted him on the back. Then frankly pulled out an iron bar out of my rucksack. With one whack across the temple, he slumped to the floor.
This, is how it ends, mate” I sniggered. No-one to witness. No-one visits the library on a Wednesday. No-one saw me. No-one knows. But me. And me, only.

I'm not a murderer. Well, I am in so many words, actions. I’m only doing what I felt was right. You don’t understand what was in that suitcase. A bag of my wisdom, my future, gone. I watched as it tumbled down. I observed as the train galloped over it. I heard the thump, the smash. He just walked off. No apology whatsoever. Cheek of it! Ah well, he's dead now. I got my revenge, now I need to get that property again...quick.

You're wondering what it was aren't you? You want to beg, plead and beseech?  You're wondering, your head is bursting? It's. A. Secret. 

Chapter Two


No comments:

Post a Comment